Monday 23 April 2012

Welcome Gamer Wimmin!

I am a proud gamer. And a proud feminist. And I know that there are others out there like me.

I'll be using this space to discuss feminist issues in gaming, such as sexist archetypes, body diversity, female vs. male character development and aesthetics. I am hoping to start a discussion about the depiction of women (or womyn or wimmin or people) in games. I encourage all the other feminists out there to join me in critiquing and celebrating games you love (or hate).

I will only be talking about games I've played and often will be focusing on only one aspect or character of those games. I take a very inclusive definition of gaming: from LARP to tabletop to console to PC.

I hope that other womyn join me, and that you enjoy thinking critically with me about this amazing media and life experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment